Are you searching for an upholstered office chair but left feeling clueless with all the options available? In this guide, we will show you the best models on the market, which will help you find your ideal chair in no time. By the end of this review, you will know what features and designs make an upholstered office chair.
We will also feature the best-upholstered chairs in demand so that you can see the newest options available. By the end of this review, you will have the clarity and knowledge to select the right product for you.
What Features Make a Top-quality Upholstered Office Chair?
There is a range of different fabrics used to make upholstered chairs. They are generally gentle on the skin and smooth to touch. The materials are comfortable to sit on and breathable compared to other material types. In addition, they are usually padded for extra comfort to support the lower back during long office hours.
The ergonomic features are essential when selecting an office chair. The features keep the body in good health and a comfortable working experience. Here are some ergonomics to look out for:
- Swivel: the swivel motion allows the person in the seat to rotate 360 degrees in their chair. This helps avoid straining by making it easier to reach for something at the far corners of the desk.
- Headrest: a sturdy headrest will support the head and offset fatigue during prolonged use.
- Lumbar support: it’s vital to support the curved spine, which exerts pressure by stabilizing the head and neck. The chair must have a curved backrest that supports the lower back to ease the pressure.
- Armrests: armrests should be adjustable so that the arms are at the same height as the desk. This will support the arms and shoulders for extra comfort.
- Seat height: the height of the chair should be adjustable for the individual’s needs. The feet should be flat on the floor and the body aligned with the desk. This will avoid slouching and discomfort, which can lead to poor body posture.
- Seat tilt: when holding a forward pelvic posture on the chair, it can exert pressure on the muscles. Therefore forward-tilted chairs are ideal for office use. The best angle is 20-30 degrees forward and down.
There is a variety of fabrics that can be used for upholstery chairs. Velvet will enhance the décor in the office and also feel good on the skin. Whilst cotton and tweed are more practical as they are breathable and mainly used for formal settings. It’s essential to pick a high-quality fabric that is easy to clean and comfortable to sit on.
Colors uplift the décor and design of the office space. For example, selecting a chair with bright colors is excellent for boosting mood and motivation, increasing productivity. In contrast, dark colors are used for more formal settings and may make you feel less active. Pick colors that match the theme and style of the office.
It is important to pick a chair with extra padding, as they are comfortable to sit on during long working hours. Ergonomic features such as the armrests and adjustable backrest also provide comfort. It’s important to sit with the correct posture to avoid fatigue and prolonged aches and pain that lead to poor health.
The style of chair you select should match the décor of your office space. Upholstered chairs are great for formal and stylish offices, which makes them versatile. You can pick a chair to match your personal style and taste. Consider your favourite fabrics and textures when looking for a chair, as this will also affect the design of the office space.
It’s vital to pick a chair that will fit your needs when working at the desk. For example, an oversized chair may be more comfortable and better suited for a larger person. Also, consider the space available in the office as a small chair will take up less space. On the other hand, an oversized chair will take up more room and impact the office’s overall look.
Top Upholstered Office Chairs
Modway Regent Upholstered Fabric Swivel Office Chair: Best for Style
The Modway Regent Swivel Office Chair has a modern chic tufted design to match any workspace. The chair is made from polyester, featuring luxe fabric upholstery. The unique, stylish chair has button tufting and nail head trim. It’s elegant and will enhance the look of the home office.
The ergonomic features include a 360-degree swivel and height adjustment, making it easier to move around the office. In addition, dense foam padding is added to the seat for your comfort. The chair comes in beige, grey and blue, which gives you a choice of different shades to select for your décor.
The chair sits on a chrome frame that is strong and long-lasting. With 5 dual-wheel hooded casters, it is easy to move around the office and used on carpeted or wooden floors. The robust chair has a weight limit of 287 lbs.
- The chair comes in a few vibrant colors to compliment the office space
- Seat height adjustment for comfort and improved posture
- Padded seating for extra comfort and support
- Wheel hooded castors are adaptable with any floor surface
- No armrests, which doesn’t support the arms for comfort and support
- The backrest has no lumbar support, which can lead to lower pain
AmazonCommercial Ergonomic High-Back Executive Chair: Best Ergonomic Option
The AmazonCommercial Ergonomic Chair is designed with upholstered bonded leather, which is stylish and sleek for the office décor. It has adjustable seat height and tilt tension for improving posture during long working hours.
The ergonomic chair has a padded backrest for lumbar support, which will reduce fatigue. In addition, the flip-up armrests are padded for comfort and ideal for supporting the arms whilst typing on the keyboard. Also, the chair has a 360-degree swivel action for easy mobility around the office.
The impressive rolling dual-wheel castors may be used on carpets or hardwood floors. The weight capacity is 275 lbs. It takes less than 20 minutes to construct the chair with an included step-by-step guide.
- Tall backrest for extra comfort and support
- The bonded leather is easy to clean and durable
- Extra padding on the armrests ensures comfort
- Waterfall seat edge provides better circulation and reduces fatigue
- No headrest to support the head, which can lead to muscle pain
- It only comes in cream or black, therefore not many color options
Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair: Best High Back Option
The Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair comes in white or black upholstered leather. The modern design uplifts the office space and has a visually stunning interior. The tall high-back feature supports the back and provides extra comfort.
The chair has built-in lumbar support and headrest for comfort and good posture. The seat height can be easily adjusted with the lever under the seat. In addition, the chair has a tilt lock mechanism for the desired seated position.
It has been ANSI/BIFMA tested for safety and durability, ensuring the chair is long-lasting and high-quality. Also, it has a 360-degree swivel which makes it easy to manoeuvre around the desk. The chair is easy to assemble in less than 20 minutes with an included PDF manual included.
- Waterfall seat edge takes the pressure off the legs
- 5 caster wheels for moving around the office space
- Upholstered leather is easy to clean and durable
- Built-in headrest supports the head and neck, which reduces fatigue
- The armrests cannot be adjusted and can cause shoulder pain
- No footrest feature for extra comfort
Nidouillet, Ergonomic Office Chair: Best Footrest Option
The Nidouillet Ergonomic Executive Adjustable Chair is constructed with upholstered faux leather, which is breathable and durable. Its main feature is the unique built-in footrest for comfort and relaxing while working or resting. Also, the extra padding on the headrest and armrests provides support throughout to support the body.
In addition, an office chair mat is included to protect the floor. This allows the 5 wheel casters to move around easily without skidding. The wheels are supported by the heavy-duty steel frame base, which is solid.
The chair is easy to assemble with tools and an included step-by-step manual. Also, you can expect to take no more than 20 minutes to construct the chair. In addition, should you encounter any issues, customer service can help with the installation process.
- Faux leather is easy to clean and wipe off stains
- Mat included, which protects the floor from damage
- Swivel casters are quite
- Adjustable pull-out footrest for extra comfort
- Only 1 color option
- The chair is not ideal for small spaces
HON Mesh Computer Chair for Office Desk: Best Mesh Backrest Option
The HON Mesh Computer Chair has a modern contemporary design with an impressive stretch mesh cushion. The breathable mesh is padded with two layers for extra comfort and keeps the body cool during working hours.
The task chair features adjustable arms that move up and down to position the shoulders comfortably. Also, it has a curved backrest for lumbar support to reduce fatigue and lower back pain. For your comfort, the chair boasts advanced synchro-tilt for a relaxed seating experience.
The chair has a limited lifetime warranty, so you are insured if anything is damaged or faulty. Its weight capacity is 300lbs which indicates the durability of the chair. Also, it has a 5- star resin base with robust wheels for effortless mobility around the office.
- 4-way stretch mesh on the backrest for easy movement while sitting on the chair
- Made from high-quality mesh fabric for breathability
- Lumbar support for comfort and support
- Stylish design for the office decor
- No headrest, which can lead to neck pain
- No lumbar pillow for extra support on the lower back
Benjara Tufted Fabric Upholstered Office Chair: Best for Small Spaces
The Benjara Tufted Fabric Upholstered Chair has a minimalistic modern design, so it’s perfect for small office spaces. The chair comes in a grey or blue upholstered tufted fabric, which feels smooth on the skin and comfortable to sit on. Also, the padded backrest provides support and good posture.
The chair has an adjustable height mechanism that can be controlled with the lever under the seat. Therefore, you can adjust accordingly to sit with the feet flat on the floor and at the correct height to the desk. Also, it features a 360-degree swivel for mobility around the workspace.
Overall, the Benjara office chair is ideal for small spaces and made to fit any desk. In addition, it has a 5-star metal base with casters to maneuver around the office freely. The chair comes with a step-by-step manual and tools for easy assembly.
- Padded backrest for comfort
- Upholstered fabric, which looks stylish and compliments the décor
- Adjustable seat height for better posture
- It fits nicely in small spaces
- no armrests to support the shoulders, which can lead to muscle pain
- no lumbar support to relieve pressure on the lower back muscles
Newnno Office Desk Chair: Best Leather Option
The Newnno Executive High Back office chair is made with high-quality PU leather fabric, which is breathable and durable. Also, it is versatile as the modern and sleek appearance matches any office décor. In addition, the high-density foam backrest and seat cushion provide comfort and restfulness when working long hours.
It has an impressive 300lbs weight capacity, which ensures the chair is robust. In addition, it has a built-in adjustable tilt action of 90-115 degrees. As a result, you can trust the ergonomics of the chair will provide good posture and relieve stress on the muscles.
The high back chair features a 360-degree swivel, making it easier to reach for items on the desk. The 5 castor wheels move smoothly on the floor, which makes moving around the office effortless. Also, the chair is easily assembled in less than 20 minutes with a small toolset and included manual.
- High-quality PU leather is easy to clean and durable
- The chair can withstand a weight of 300lbs, which is great for the larger person
- Armrests provide comfort and support
- Lumbar support to relieve stress on the lower back
- Only 1 color option
- The armrests are not adjustable.
NOUHAUS Velour Office Chair: Best Backrest Recline Option
The NOUHAUS Velour Office Chair has some of the best ergonomic features on the market. The backrest has a 135-degree tilt lock, which is comfortable and relaxes the back muscles. In addition, the chair has rollerblade wheels that run smoothly on any floor.
It’s designed with a plush micro velvet fabric on the seat and backrest. Also, it has density foam padding. This provides comfort and support to the user while seated in the chair, which also feels premium. In addition, a unique feature is the cut out on the backrest, which offers airflow during hot summers.
Its maximum capacity is 240lbs, which is supported by a 5-point aluminum base. Also, it features a class 3 adjustable hydraulic lift for comfort. The chair comes with a 12-month warranty. Therefore, if anything is faulty, you can ensure you are covered. The instructions and tools are included with the chair, which should take no more than 20 minutes to assemble.
- Made with high-quality materials, such as Elasto-Mesh and Soft-Grip PU leather
- Rollerblade wheels run quietly across any floor
- Padding on armrests for comfort and support
- Adjustable armrests to support the shoulders
- The headrest is not included, which can lead to neck aches
- No lumbar pillow to support the lower back
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: There are many types of materials that are used for upholstered chairs. The common choices are:
• Mesh: this is a breathable material and lightweight. It is favorable as it provides ventilation to the body during warm weather. However, the structure of the fabric isn’t supported with the best padding.
• Leather: is a stylish fabric and can be used with any style of chair. The material is durable and comfortable. Also, it is padded for support, which gives a luxury feel.
• High-density foam: is suitable for padding on the seat, which provides comfort and support. However, if the low-quality foam is used, then it can lose its shape over time and increase heat.
• Velvet: is a luxurious material that matches most décor. It comes in a range of colors and has a smooth feel. The downside is that it can be challenging to remove stains.
• Polyester: is an excellent fabric for upholstery chairs. Because of its synthetic woven design, it is breathable and lightweight. However, cheap quality polyester can tear easily or fade when washed.
Overall, the best choices for upholstered chairs are mesh, leather, and foam, as they are breathable and durable. You can ensure these materials are long-lasting and are found on many types of models. Consider the décor of the office and which materials will match the design you are trying to achieve.
Answer: the fabrics used on upholstered chairs are primarily durable and made to last. They are easy to clean with a wet cloth, which saves time and effort. The thick padding and robust spring system make the chairs comfortable to sit on.
In addition, the upholstery chairs come in many unique designs that add style to the office. They come in various color choices and patterns, making it fun to play around when decorating the office space.
Answer: the tilt action allows you to recline backward and forwards. This means you can have the chair at 90 degrees when working, which is good for posture. Also, you can recline the chair to 120 degrees to lean backward. This is good for resting or watching movies on the computer.
However, not all office chairs have the tilt action. Therefore, it is best to look at the product’s main ergonomic features before purchasing a chair.
Answer: the spine has a natural curve that exerts pressure on the lower back, supporting the head. The weight of the head puts pressure on the back, which leads to muscle pain and fatigue. This can be avoided with the lumbar support on the backrest, as it is curved to match the spine’s shape.
Look out for a chair that supports the back as this will reduce lower back pain and suffering. In addition, a headrest will help keep the head and neck upright, which will ease pressure on the back.
Answer: the rollerblade wheels are smooth and hardly make any noise. This is ideal for the home office since it is less likely to interrupt other people at home who also may be working. Also, the floors at home may be carpeted or hardwood, which works well with the rollerblade wheels.
Overall, the wheels are great for protecting the floors and are long-lasting. However, they are not a necessity for the general office, as they often have carpeted floors. Therefore, any type of caster wheels are unlikely to damage the floors or make too much noise.
In this review, we have provided you with the best knowledge of what makes a good-quality office chair. When searching for the ideal upholstered chair, consider the ergonomic features we included in the guide. In addition, you should find a stylish and comfortable chair, as this will ensure you have the correct posture. This is important for your safety and health because it may lead to medical conditions, which can easily be avoided with the right chair.