Are you shopping for a brown leather office chair, but don’t know what to buy? In this review of the top options, you’ll find a shortcut to the best models out there. By selecting a brown leather office chair from this guide, you’ll save time and end up with a proven product.
We will also cover the factors that go into putting together a list of the best brown leather options. It will give you trust in our process to choose the best products out there.
What Features Make a Top Brown Leather Office Chair
Not all leather is created to the same quality level. Some chairs use full-grain leather, which is the authentic version. It’s the original animal hide with just the hairs removed. Generally, full-grain leather is the most expensive and also the toughest.
Faux leather is a synthetic alternative to the real thing. The quality of faux leather is not comparable in terms of durability and the quality of the finish. However, it usually mimics the real thing visually, which can be enough for office furniture used.
Ergonomic features are great for keeping your body healthy during prolonged work sessions. The specific ones you need to look out for include:
- Swivel: swivels allow the person seated to rotate in the chair 360 degrees. While you may not need the full rotation at the desk, a little is required to reach the far corners. It helps avoid straining by helping you reach further.
- Lumbar support: the lower back has a curve that needs to align with the seat. Otherwise, added pressure will be exerted on the lower back region. This can lead to chronic back pain if you don’t buy the right chair.
- Headrest: the muscles in your neck support your head. However, after long computer work sessions, they can get fatigued. An adequate headrest can help offset fatigue by providing good support.
- Armrests: good quality armrests are not just for comfort, but also to support your shoulders. It’s required to keep your shoulders healthy and not fatigued. Therefore, you can type without putting any effort into keeping your arms above the keyboard.
You want to be comfortable while sitting in an office chair. Leather is generally one of the more comfortable materials to sit on. Also, pay attention to the cushioning depth to determine the softness of the sitting experience. However, one of the drawbacks of buying online is that you’ll never know until the chair arrives from the store.
Price is one of the main factors that will naturally sway your buying decision. In this buying guide, we have included a range of prices so you have an option that meets your budget. Generally, the quality of the leather and features will dictate the price. If you want the real thing, then you’ll need to pay top dollar. However, if you’re on a limited budget, then consider looking at office chairs for under $200.
Ideally, you’d want to buy a brown leather office chair that will stand the test of time. Pay attention to the warranty length. This indicates if the manufacturer believes in the quality of their product. Also, it’s worth keeping an eye on customer reviews to see what they think of the durability. Usually, any wear and tear problems are reported in the reviews section.
Brown leather furniture generally looks visually pleasing. Therefore, the majority of the home office chairs on this list look great. The importance that buyers place on the look of a chair varies, but it’s a factor that we somewhat considered.
Top Brown Leather Office Chairs
Amazon Basics Executive Office Desk Chair: Best Overall Choice
The Amazon Basics Executive Office Desk Chair is priced at around $140 and for the price, you get a lot of features. This includes adjustable height/tilt, 360-degree swivel, 275-pound capacity, and a brown/gold design.
The material is polyurethane bonded leather, which is a mix of fake and real leather. However, the quality of the finish here is impressive. After touching the material and taking a seat, you’ll love the quality for the price. Also, the high back design provides excellent support for the back and head. The large size means that your body is supported for daily long work sessions.
The chair model is also available in white and black if the brown one is not to your liking. Overall, the Amazon Basics Executive Office Desk Chair has a striking visual look that will complement a modern office space.
- Good visual design that stands out in the office chair marketplace.
- High back design supports your neck and back.
- Good value for money given the available features.
- The polyurethane bonded leather feels more premium than the chair costs.
- The gold touches to the visual design might not be for everyone.
- The large frame means it takes up more space than most.
DICTAC Home Office Chair: Best Choice for Visual Aesthetics
The DICTAC Home Office Chair offers a classy and modern look. The mixture of the brown leather and minimalist design will go well with most office interior décor designs. The chair does not have a large frame, which means it’s ideal for smaller individuals. However, it can accommodate people of up to 400 lb.
You can tilt the backrest between 90 and 135 degrees. The latter is handy if you want to lean back while resting during a video call. Also, you can get the chair in black if the brown doesn’t match your preferences.
There is adequate back support and a curve exists to match the shape of your spine. You’ll love the lumbar support that should help alleviate the onset of lower back pain. The material used here is faux leather so it’s not the real thing.
- Trendy design that goes well with modern interior decors.
- Good ergonomics such as lumbar support, swivel, and armrests.
- Affordably priced for the quality that’s offered.
- Thin design means that it will not take up significant storage space.
- There is a lack of cushioning, which might lead to an experience that’s not comfortable.
Glitzhome Adjustable High-Back Office Chair: Best for Thick Padding
The Glitzhome Adjustable High-Back Office Chair offers the best thick padding in this buying guide. You’ll love the comfort level from the first day of use. Also, there is a thickly padded headrest that’s soft to the touch. High-density sponge filling is used that also meets the fire retardant CAL 117 standard. It’s also breathable material that will somewhat help with ventilation.
The chair has a backrest tilt of 87 to 106 degrees, which allows you to lean back when you need a rest. Faux leather is used with this office chair and it can bear a load of 275 pounds. You’ll receive all-day comfort at the office and the brown leather looks amazing. Also, there is a touch of lumbar support that will help you avoid lower back pain.
- Looks visually appealing so you will treasure the office chair for many years.
- The tilt mechanism will help you relax when needed.
- Good quality leather is used for the price.
- Fire-retardant certified materials are used.
- The armrests lack height, which will lead to arm fatigue during long typing sessions.
La-Z-Boy Hyland Executive Office Chair with AIR Technology: Best for Ergonomics
The La-Z-Boy Hyland Executive Office Chair is our top choice if ergonomics is of most importance to you. The AIR technology feature comes with memory foam cushioning. It does a good job of adapting to your body shape. Also, it helps improve posture and offers strong lumbar support. Ideal for those long workdays where you need a reliable office chair.
The chair supports individuals of up to 250 lb and there is a one-touch lever for adjustability. You can change the seat height or recline backward. The tilt settings are great if you want to sit back while enjoying a long video conferencing call.
The luxurious bonded leather feels premium to the touch. It’s an upholstered chair and also features rich solid wood. Overall, you’ll feel like this purchase is an upgrade over any other office chair you’ve had in the past.
- The adjustability settings using the one-touch lever are easy to operate.
- Premium bonded leather and solid wood give the chair a beautiful look.
- The AIR technology offers layered memory foam cushions that provide amazing comfort.
- Strong ergonomic features mean you have excellent back support.
- It’s one of the more expensive brown leather chairs at around $450.
Ashley Office Chair: Best for Minimalist Design
The Ashley Office Chair is a superb choice if you need a small design that will take up the minimum amount of space. The chair comes with a 360-degree swivel design and measures 18 inches wide by 19.5 inches deep. The height is 34.25 inches and the chair comes with faux leather.
Some assembly is required but the instructions and tools are provided. There is a lack of strong ergonomic features, so it’s not the best choice for long working hours. However, it’s a good option if you need to hop on and off quickly. It also makes for a good meeting room chair. The compact nature means you can get several of these units around a desk.
- Small size means that it’s a good choice for small office spaces and meeting rooms.
- Comfortable design if you are not sitting for too long.
- Modern visual aesthetics means the chair will add to the interior décor.
- Important ergonomic features are missing such as lumbar support and armrests.
- Not a good choice for long working hours.
Jean Derce Office Desk Chair: Best Low Back Model Option
The Jean Derce Office Desk Chair is a solid option if you want a low-back chair that takes up a minimal amount of room. Low-back chairs are a nice contrast to bigger options because they are more manoeuvrable. Ideal, when working in an office space where you need to move between tables.
The chair uses durable PU leather and it’s easy to wipe when dirt accumulates. Also, the curved design looks visually pleasing. The modern look is perfect if you’re trying to create a contemporary office space. Also, the chair can support individuals of up to 250 lb and it only takes 10 minutes for the installation process to complete.
- Modern design means that it will add to stylish interior décor.
- Low back design is a good choice if you want to hop in and out of the chair quickly.
- Takes up little room, which is ideal for smaller office spaces.
- Can also choose the grey and black color options if you need variety.
- Missing ergonomic features such as no armrests or headrests.
- Not the best choice on this list for long working sessions.
Ptoulemy Computer Office Chair: Best Option for High Weight Capacity
The Ptoulemy Computer Office Chair comes with a 300 lb weight capacity, which is one of the highest on this list of brown leather chairs. The strong and durable frame will last for many years before it begins to wear out. Also, the spring bag cushion contributes to a comfortable experience. You’ll love enjoying the extra padding that reduces the strain on your body during long sitting sessions.
Also, the durable PU leather is waterproof and easy to clean. The chair does not accumulate dirt easily and it’s simple to clean when it does. The tilt angle is between 90 and 120 degrees. Therefore, you can switch up the sitting position based on what activity you’re doing.
The back support is another outstanding design feature. There is extra padding at the lower back region to offer strong support. Also, the headrest is super-soft, which will also help reduce the onset of neck pain. Overall, it’s the right choice for productive office workers that need a reliable chair.
- High maximum weight capacity of 300 lb.
- Extra-soft padding means you’ll love sitting down for hours at a time.
- Strong ergonomics features will help prevent back and next pain.
- Excellent durability ensures the chair will stand the test of time.
- Bulky build means it’s not the best choice for tight office spaces.
- Assembling the chair takes a bit longer than other models.
TUOFU Office Chair: Best Option for Footrest
The TUOFU Office Chair comes with a footrest that can be used to straighten your legs. It’s a comfortable sitting position to relax or take a video call. The footrest is hidden under the chair, and can easily be extended when needed.
The maximum weight capacity is 350 lb due to the strong frame. Also, it has a soft padded filling – ideal for extended sitting sessions. The ergonomic features are present but are not the best. You’ll have some lumbar support, but it’s not comparable to the other chairs. Furthermore, the armrest could have a different design so they are more convenient for typing.
Overall, the TUOFU Office Chair is a superb choice for the office worker that wants a footrest. The durable mechanisms and materials used mean the chair will last for multiple years after purchase.
- Footrest offers an advantage the majority of other office chairs don’t.
- Heavy-duty design allows for weights of up to 350 lb.
- Soft cushioning means you’ll be comfortable while working long hours.
- Tilt adjustability between 90 and 150 degrees.
- One of the more expensive office chairs on this list.
- Footrest might be a wasted expense if you’re never going to use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: The cost should be determined by the features you need. For instance, the model with the footrest comes at a higher cost compared to similar models. Is the extra cost worth it? It depends on if you’re going to use the footrest regularly enough to merit the extra cost.
Also, more expensive chairs tend to offer better ergonomic features, cushioning, and durability. Determine how much quality you require and spend accordingly.
Answer: Ergonomic features can be the difference between fatigue and keeping your body healthy. The noteworthy ones include:
• Lumbar support
Lumbar support is an important one to avoid lower back pain. Also, you could do stretches to decrease the chance of back issues from long office work hours. The armrest is important for decreasing shoulder strain. Ergonomically designed armrests will fully support your shoulders while typing.
Answer: The brown leather looks visually appealing and adds a level of sophistication to your interior decor. Brown chairs also look great alongside wooden furniture. It’s a tried and tested combination that you could consider adding to your office.
Leather is an advantage because it has the reputation of being a premium furniture material. Also, it’s comfortable and combines with memory foam cushioning. Leather can be easily cleaned, which is great for long-term maintenance.
Answer: The tilt mechanism allows you to recline the chair back to rest. You’d have the chair at 90 degrees when working so you can sit up straight. Then using the title mechanism, you can recline the chair to 120 degrees to lean back and rest. However, the available tilt angle differs for each chair so pay attention to the product description.
Answer: The armrests are an important yet often overlooked aspect of an office chair. They should be at a height that’s flat with the table you’re working on. It ensures that you can type while your arms and shoulders are fully supported.
Without ergonomic armrests, you’ll struggle to keep your arms up for long periods. Also, you may begin to develop fatigue when working multiple days in a row. Office chairs without armrests should not be considered if you work many hours at your desk.
The best armrests offer adjustability. It ensures that you can get the right height and position for your table set up.
Now that you’re familiar with top brown leather office chairs, you need to select one based on what features you desire. There are options for visual aesthetics, ergonomics, extra cushioning, and even a footrest. You’re also equipped with the most noteworthy factors that you need to consider when buying a brown leather office chair.