Tea is like heaven to the soul. There is nothing better than taking a break with a cup of tea to soothe you after a busy morning or a cup of chamomile before bed. Other health benefits make a strong case to have some tea during each day.
If you are a tea lover (like me), then chances are you don’t just have one or two boxes of tea. Whenever you see an interesting flavor, the pull to try it (even if you can only buy a small box) is an urge that’s hard to resist. Because who knows, it might just become one of your favorites.
Yes, I also have a drawer full of tea boxes, and when I saw that tea box organizers were available, I couldn’t wait to check them out and choose the best one for my needs. How exactly do you choose the best tea box organizer for you? And what are the best products?
Don’t worry. That’s why you are here and I’ve got you covered.
If you are in a hurry, here’s the spoiler alert: The best product is Mind Reader 9 Removable Drawers Tea Bag Holder and Condiment Organizer. It has the most positive reviews. In black, red, and white, it features 9 sections that provide you with plenty of space to store your favorite teas.
Why You Need a Tea Box Organizer
The reason for needing a tea box organizer is probably obvious, especially if you are a connoisseur of teas and have quite the selection at home.
Besides just organizing your teas so you can easily see what you have stock of and what you need to refill, a tea box organizer keeps everything neat. You can proudly place the box organizer on your kitchen counter, whether at home or work, and not have to cringe at how messy all the tea boxes look.
Buyers Guide: What You Need to Know Before Buying a Tea Box Organizer
Buying a tea box organizer isn’t simply a case of just looking at what’s available on Amazon or your home supply store. You have to weigh up the pros and cons of each, look at the functionality and versatility, design, and more.
You’re in luck. I’ve done all the hard work for you!
Tea Compartment Size
With the compartment size, you want to ensure that you can easily place the tea bags into the compartments and take them out easily too. If you store your tea sachets in a tea organizer box, then you want to ensure that you can easily put bags in and take these out for use during your morning or evening tea rituals.
How the Tea Bags Are Stored
You also want to check how you store your tea bags or sachets in the tea box organizer. It is recommended to store them upright. This makes it easier for you to take out an individual (or couple) tea bag when your cup of tea calls you.
If you need to place the tea bags flat, then know that you might struggle with taking out the tea bags (and I’m sure you’d like this aspect of your life to be easy).
Shape and Design
Think of the shape and design of the tea box organizer. You will most likely leave this organizer on your kitchen counter, so it needs to look stylish or, at the very least, fit in with your kitchen decor. That is, unless you want a funky option and make this a focal point – like, “Hey, everyone, I’ve got tea!”
If you opt to place the tea box organizer in a drawer, ensure that it doesn’t hook on something and get damaged every time you open and close the drawer. If you place the organizer in a kitchen cabinet, you want to ensure it fits height and possibly width-wise.
Can You Easily See What Tea It Is?
I like to immediately see what tea I have stocked in my tea box organizer, so a transparent box or compartments that display the tea type is important to me. This may be important for you, too?
No one likes to replace products soon after you’ve bought them, and a tea box organizer should be no different. Consider an organizer that’s made from durable material like wood or strong and durable plastic.
Our Criteria for Choosing the Best Tea Box Organizer
I didn’t randomly pick tea box organizers that just look pretty. I went the extra mile and thoroughly analyzed each of the best tea organizers to make sure the product matches well when evaluated according to these criteria:
Functionality & Versatility
I looked at the functionality of each of the tea box organizers I chose, and I checked how versatile they are too. Some of the options on the list can be used for more than to keep your tea bags and sachets organized and neat.
If you get two, for example, you can keep one organizer for your tea and the other one for your coffee accessories: coffee pods, sweeteners, creamers, and more.
With regard to style, I went for a variety, ranging from classy options that will look elegant on your counter to funkier. You can easily find something that will fit your personal preference.
All of the tea box organizers on the list are highly affordable. The cheapest one (though high quality since it’s number 1 on my list) is only $17.99 and the most expensive product is $29.99.
I made sure to choose products with only the highest ratings, and all of the products on my list also have a 4+ star rating. More favorable reviews mean that more customers are happy with their purchase; this increases the chances of you being over the moon too!
The 10 Best Tea Box Organizer Ideas
Here are the top tea box organizers; sit back and relax. Enjoy your cup of tea while you read.
The Mind Reader 9 Removable Drawers Tea Bag Holder and Condiment Organizer measures 10.24” x 4.33” x 13.11” (L x W x H). It is available in two classic colors, black and white, and a funky red.
You can stock 9 types of tea bags on this box organizer, so this should be more than enough space. Plus, if you only like 3 types of teas, then you can keep a row for each tea bag type and need to restock the organizer less often. So it’s a win-win in either case.
For convenience, the compartments are open-style. You can easily see what type of tea is in the compartment and pull it out when you need to make a cuppa.
- Easy to clean; use a dry or damp cloth and wipe and let air dry
- 9 compartments for your favorite teas that can store up to 15 tea bags each
- 2 extra storage compartments at the bottom for more tea or use it to store your sweetener or creamer sachets
- Small footprint so it doesn’t take up a lot of space on your countertop
- Durable; made from strong plastic
- No assembly required
- If the tea bags are wider, they don’t fit in easily so just fold the tea bag edges in
- The white option looks more pale green than pure white
If you want a wood tea box organizer, then this is a great pick! The Oceanstar Bamboo Tea Box is a 100% bamboo wooden box with 8 equally sized compartments and a lightly opaque lid (acrylic glass) that’s framed in wood. This makes it easy to see the tea bags you have stored in the box.
The box measures 3.8” x 12” x 7” (H x D x W) and the empty box weighs 3 pounds. The bamboo tea box features a magnetic locking mechanism that secures the lid and prevents your tea bags from falling out should the box slip and fall out of your hands. There is also a grooved lip that allows you to easily open the lid to get to your tea bags.
With the stylish and classy design, you can proudly display your tea on your kitchen counter.
- 8 tea bag compartments that can fit between 8-10 bags each
- Place the tea bags horizontally in each compartment, or lay them flat in which case you can fit 14-15 tea bags
- Sturdy wooden box that’s 100% bamboo
- You can see what teas are in the box by looking through the lid
- The lid isn’t very sturdy, but the box will last if you don’t stack heavy items on top of it
- May be troublesome to fit in bigger size tea bags; try to slot them in diagonally
The mDesign Plastic Kitchen Pantry Stackable Container measures 3.5” x 7” x 10” (L x W x H) if you keep it vertical. You can also use this tea box organizer horizontally. In black, white, and clear options, you will easily find the look that works for your kitchen.
No matter the color of the box you opt for, the drawers are fully transparent so you will always know what tea bags you have stored inside. There are only three drawers in which you can store your tea bags; however, if this is too small for the tea lover you are, then check out the next product on my list (also from mDesign!).
- 3 drawers that fit 20-25 tea bags each
- Transparent drawers make it super easy to see what teas you have stored inside
- Durable; made from shatter-resistant plastic with chrome finish metal knobs
- Drawers open and close easily
- Easy to clean; wash by hand with mild soap and water
- Stackable, so if you get more than one of these tea box organizers, stack them on top of each other for a neat look
- Some customers complained that the drawers arrived cracked as the product wasn’t properly packaged; the product was replaced
- Each drawer only fits standard tea bags
- Not dishwasher safe
The mDesign Plastic Kitchen Pantry Countertop Organizer Storage with 3 Drawers comes in 2 color options. One is charcoal with clear drawers while the other one is fully clear. There are 3 drawers that have 9 dividers, so you have 27 compartments in which to store your favorite teas.
The tea box organizer measures 9.34” x 6.96” x 9.9” (L x W x H). With a small footprint, you won’t feel as if this organizer is taking up too much space on your kitchen counter.
- 3 drawers with 9 compartments each means you can store a total of 81 tea bags per drawer
- Transparent drawers make it easy to see what teas you have in stock
- Durable and sturdy; made from chlorine and BPA-free plastic and the metal knobs are rust-resistant
- Easy to clean; simply wash with water and a mild soap
- Drawers slide out completely too easily; however, just learn when you have to stop
- Not all tea bags will fit in the compartments but you can store bigger tea bags diagonally
- Not dishwasher safe
The 2 Pack Stackable Plastic Tea Bag Organizer is great for the ultimate tea lover for whom just one tea box organizer is not enough. With this product, you get 2 stackable tea organizers for the price of what you’d pay for most of the other products on this list. Actually, you’ll pay a lot less.
Each tea box organizer measures 10.75” x 6.75” x 3.75” (L x W x H). The organizers are 100% clear, so it is easy to see what teas you have stored inside each box. Each box has 8 sections so you can separate the different tea bags.
The organizer also has a clear lid.
- Fully transparent; easy to see what tea bags are in the box
- 8 sections per organizer; can place 12-16 tea bags in each section
- Get 2 organizers boxes for the price of 1
- Durable; made from 100% food-safe BPA-free plastic that’s shatter-resistant
- Easy to clean; hand wash the box with warm soapy water
- Stackable containers to minimize the footprint on your kitchen countertop
- Not dishwasher safe
- Best for standard sized tea bags
The RoyalHouse Big Natural Bamboo Tea Box Storage Organizer measures 12.6” x 7.8” x 4.1” (L x W x H). It is made from bamboo, so the box is durable and sturdy. Without anything in the box, it weighs just under 3 pounds.
There are also 2 magnetic closures that keep the lid closed. This is great if you move the tea box organizer around quite a bit. At least now you don’t have to worry about your tea bags falling out if you stumble and lose your balance while carrying the box. There’s also a groove to easily open the lid.
There are 8 compartments in this box so you can store and organize your tea bags. The lid is transparent, so it makes it easy to see what teas you have stored in the box.
It is recommended to place the tea bags laying slightly backward or at an angle (and not straight upright) so you can see the names on the bags. This also makes it easy to remove them since the compartment dividers are as high as the lower part of the bamboo box.
- 8 compartments that can fit about 15 tea bags each
- Transparent lid and placing tea bags at an angle makes it easy to see what flavor they are
- Durable; made from bamboo
- Magnetic closure keeps the lid closed if you carry the box around
- Lid is made from plastic; some reviewers weren’t happy that the lid isn’t made from glass
The Lipper International 8187 Bamboo Wood and Acrylic Tea Box with 5 Sections is made from bamboo, and the lid and front side are made from transparent acrylic. The box measures 14″ x 5″ x 3 3/4″ (W x D x H) so it doesn’t take up a lot of space on your kitchen counter. The box also weighs just over 2 pounds.
Easily arrange your different kinds of teas in the 5 compartments, and with the transparent lid and front side, you can easily see what teas you have in the organizer box.
- 5 compartments; fit in about 20 tea bags
- Easily see what tea bags you have placed in the box organizer with the transparent lid and front side
- Durable and sturdy; made from natural bamboo
- Ideal if you don’t have a lot of counter space or cabinet space
- Not stackable if you love your tea and need 2 or more of these tea box organizers
- Ideal for standard size tea bags so anything bigger may be troublesome to try and fit
The Premium Bamboo Tea Box Organizer measures 13” x 7.5” x 4” (L x W x H). Made from bamboo, this tea box organizer is stain resistant, strong and durable, easy to clean, eco-friendly, and water resistant.
The lid is made from acrylic while the edges are bamboo. This is attached to the wooden box with metal hinges. The bamboo box also features a magnetic closure to keep the lid closed and your tea fresh. With the groove, you can easily open the lid to access your teas.
There is also a pull-out drawer. You can store extra tea bags here or some tea-making accessories. The box has 8 compartments that can store 12 tea bags each.
- 8 compartments; stores 12 tea bags each
- Has an extra pull-out drawer for more tea bag storage, or you can store a spoon, honey sticks, or other tea-making accessories
- Transparent lid makes it easy to see what teas you have in the tea box organizer
- Magnetic closure keeps the lid close if you carry the box and it keeps your tea fresher for longer
- Durable and sturdy; made from 100% natural bamboo that’s antibacterial, antimicrobial, and odor-resistant to help keep your tea fresh
- 1-year warranty
- The drawer doesn’t have a handle, but there is an opening used to pull the drawer out
- Protective film on the acrylic lid is difficult to remove; it’s on both sides
Made from natural bamboo and featuring a transparent acrylic lid that has a bamboo frame, the RoyalHouse Natural Bamboo Tea Bag Organizer Box has 12 compartments, so you can store a lot of tea bags inside. The box measures 12.5” x 11” x 4.5” (L x W x H). The box is heavier than any other on the list; it weighs nearly 4 pounds.
- 12 compartments; each holds about 20 tea bags
- Transparent lid makes it easy to see what tea is stored inside
- Durable; made from bamboo that’s heat, stain, and odor resistant
- Looks elegant on your counter space
- Top of the lid is plastic (acrylic)
- Reviewers complain that the locking mechanism looks flimsy
- No hinges on the lid that keeps it from falling onto the counter behind the box; you need to carefully open it and place it on the counter
For an elegant choice, the Acacia Wood Tea Bag Organizer Storage is made from natural acacia wood that’s finished with food-grade plant oil (soybean oil). This helps ensure the longevity of the tea box organizer while maintaining the natural acacia look and pattern.
Measuring 8.7” x 8.5” x 3.7” (L x W x H), there are 6 compartments that are all the same size.
The hinged lid is easy to open and gain access to your teas. Plus, the lid is transparent and made from acrylic, so you can see what teas you have stored in the tea box organizer and when you need to refill.
- 6 compartments; store about 15 tea bags in each compartment
- Transparent lid makes it easy to see what tea flavors you have
- Hinged lid; open the lid to a self-standing position so you can take your time when deciding on what tea your next cuppa will be
- The lid is easy to open with the finger groove
- Durable and elegant; the box is made from natural acacia wood
- Compartments aren’t the ideal size if your tea bags are larger than the standard size; however, you can place the bigger tea bags diagonally
The Best Tea Box Organizer Verdict
Life is so much better and easier if you can easily access your tea. Right? Thus, a tea box organizer is a must for any tea lover (even those who only occasionally enjoy a cup of tea – looking at you who prefer coffee!).
The best tea box organizer should be durable, take up a small footprint on your counter or in your kitchen cabinet, have a transparent drawer or lid so you can see what teas you have and which need restocking, and should look elegant.
My top choice is the Mind Reader 9 Removable Drawers Tea Bag Holder and Condiment Organizer. Available in 3 colors that fit any decor, I love that I can stock 9 types of teas in this organizer. Well, actually I can stock 11 since there are 2 compartments at the bottom too! This tea organizer is also ideal since I can easily see what type of tea bag I have placed in each compartment, so picking a tea is much easier than going through a whole drawer or cabinet full of tea boxes.