It seems that every kitchen right now has at least one piece of silicone cookware, food storage container, or equipment. If you haven’t caught on to the silicone wave, maybe it’s time to get the best silicone food storage containers out there.
How We Chose the Best Silicone Food Containers
The thing with silicone products is that they are collapsible and durable. Food-grade silicone is inherently temperature-resistant and safe to use.
We chose products that are reusable. And the good thing about most silicone food storage containers is that they can be used repeatedly without losing their shape. All you need to do is wash them after every use and keep them dry while in storage. That also means so that you don’t have to spend on single-use products.
They also have to be easily resealable and conveniently opened. Plus, because we know that some of us have limited space in our cupboards, freezer, or refrigerator, they have to be stackable or easily organized.
We also looked into the options that the manufacturer offers. We answer questions like:
- Can you get the size you need for your meal preparations, lunch box, or leftovers?
- Are they leak-proof?
- Can you take them anywhere with you?
- How durable are they?
Collapsible Silicone Food Storage Containers
The Kitchen + Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers come in three varieties:
- Set of four round containers
- Set of two XL containers
- Set of four rectangular containers
The sets of four have four colors: green, yellow, red, and blue. These containers come in four sizes from 10.5 to 43 ounces (0.3 to 1.3 liters), allowing you to stack a smaller container on top of another.
The set of two XL containers can contain up to 50 and 68 ounces (1.5 to 2.0 liters) of food. They come in orange and violet.
You can use these containers for both wet and dry food, and you can put everything from raw ingredients to leftovers. What’s more, you can rely on the snap-on lids, which will create a vacuum seal to keep your food fresh.
These containers are temperature-resistant and are safe to put in the freezer and in the microwave. They even have an air vent to allow you to reheat cold food safely. They are also leak-proof, so you can get your pre-cooked lunch out of the refrigerator and place it inside your bag
without worrying about sauces getting spilled.
What’s more, each one of these containers is collapsible. When not in use, you can push them down to only a third of their size, allowing you to save storage space.
These containers are also made of non-toxic, food-safe silicone. They are BPA-free, tasteless, and odorless, too.
- Saves space as you can collapse each container by as much as 60 percent
- Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty
- Stackable and leak-proof
- Keeps food fresh with the snap-on lids’ vacuum seal
The CARTINTS Silicone Collapsible Food Storage Containers set gives you silicone containers that are collapsible and stackable. You have a choice of:
- Four round blue containers
- Four round pink containers
- Five round containers in different colors
- Three round containers (available in green and blue)
- Three square blue containers
Depending on the set you choose, you can have different-sized containers with each set. For instance, the set of round blue containers features containers with the following diameters:
- Small: 4.7 inches (11.9 centimeters)
- Medium: 5.5 inches (14 centimeters)
- Large: 6.3 inches (16 centimeters)
- Extra-large: 7.1 inches (18 centimeters)
These containers are very easy to clean, and they have airtight lids that can keep food fresh longer and leak-proof. Plus, you can collapse these containers to a third of their original size and store them when not in use.
- Three-month money-back guarantee
- Microwave and freezer safe
- Airtight and leak-proof
- Some buyers complained that the locks are hard to open
- The containers might collapse on you if you don’t fill them with enough food
The Vremi Silicone Food Storage Containers with BPA-Free Airtight Plastic Lids gives you four silicone storage containers that vary in sizes:
- 350 milliliters (11.8 ounces): 5.3 inches by 2.6 inches (13.5 by 6.6 centimeters)
- 500 milliliters (16.9 ounces): 6.3 inches by 2.7 inches (16 by 6.9 centimeters)
- 800 milliliters (27.1): 7.3 inches by 2.8 inches (18.5 by 7.1 centimeters)
- 1,200 milliliters (40.6 ounces): 8.5 inches by 3.0 inches (21.6 by 7.6 centimeters)
All four will collapse to only 1.2 inches (3 centimeters) tall. These stackable storage containers are also very easy to store when not in use. The food-grade silicone used for these containers is BPA-free and easy to clean. The food and its smell won’t stick to the silicone, too.
These containers have a seal cap so you can safely place them in the microwave to heat cold food. Plus, the snap-on lid is easy to put on these dishwasher-safe containers.
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- Portion control with different colored containers.
- More affordable than other products on this list.
- New products have a slight manufacturing smell that you have to get rid of with a vinegar and water solution.
- Some users report that the product can develop mold in the long run.
- Packaging and label state that the product may expose you to lead or leaded compounds.
The Annaklin Collapsible Food Storage Containers measures 3.58 by 2.2 inches (9.1 by 5.6 centimeters) at the base and 4.25 by 2.87 inches (10.8 by 7.3 centimeters) at the top.
Because of each container’s smaller bottom and larger top, you can easily stack them on top of one another. When folded, these containers are 2.2 inches (5.6 centimeters) thick, but when collapsed, their thickness goes down to 1.2 inches (3 centimeters).
Each container can hold 12.6 ounces (372.6 milliliters) of food. The lids have four snap buckles that work with the vacuum seal strip. This sort of sealing mechanism guarantees that the food won’t leak out of the container.
You can pop these containers into your freezer, microwave, or dishwasher. They won’t get deformed or break. Or you can just put them on your countertops or pantry to store dry food such as powder, flour, sugar, oats, or cereals.
If you’re going on a picnic or need a lunch box for your kids, you can rely on these containers as well.
- Safe to put into microwave, freezers, or dishwashers
- Can be taken anywhere
Best Silicone Food Storage Bags
The Stasher Platinum Silicone Food Grade Reusable Storage Bag gives you a choice when it comes to food storage bags. You can buy a:
- 0.5 Gallon (64 ounces): 10.25 by 8.25 by 1.5 inches (26 by 21 by 3.8 centimeters)
- Go: 5 by 8.5 by 1.5 inches (12.7 by 21.6 by 3.8 centimeters), 18 ounces (532.3 milliliters)
- Pocket: 3.5 by 4.5 by 1.0 inches (8.9 by 11.4 by 2.5 centimeters), 4 ounces (118.3 milliliters)
- Sandwich: 7.5 by 7.5 by 1.0 inches (19 by 19 by 2.5 centimeters), 28 ounces (828.1 milliliters)
- Snack: 4.5 by 7.5 by 1.0 inches (11.4 by 19 by 2.5 centimeters), 12 ounces (355 milliliters)
- Stand-Up Mega: 9.5 by 8.25 by 4.75 inches (24.1 by 21 by 12.1 centimeters), 104 ounces (3,075.7 milliliters)
- Stand-Up Mid: 7.75 by 7 by 3.0 inches (19.7 by 17.8 by 7.6 centimeters), 56 ounces (1,656 milliliters)
- Stand-Up Mini: 7.5 by 5.75 by 2.5 inches (19 by 14.6 by 6.4 centimeters), 28 ounces (828.1 milliliters)
Aside from the assortment of sizes, you also have a selection of colors from aqua to green, to blue, and even black. These bags are made with platinum silicone that can seal itself: you just pinch the seal close. You no longer have to buy single-use plastic food containers. These storage bags are free from PVC, latex, and BPA, so you can be sure no weird and harmful chemicals get into your food.
What’s more, you can put these bags with your food in the freezer or heat them up in the microwave. You can even just stash it inside your dishwasher to clean it.
- A good alternative for single-use plastic bags.
- Can be put inside the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Might be too small for some bigger foods.
- Some customers complain about these bags not sealing properly or not being durable enough.
- Pricier than most silicone food storage solutions.
The IDEATECH Reusable Storage Bags comes in a set of 18 storage bags with different sizes and colors:
- Four large bags
- Seven sandwich bags
- Seven snack bags
These food storage bags are heat- and cold-resistant and can protect food from freezer burn and food discoloration. Because they’re semi-transparent, you can see what exactly is inside without needing to open the bag.
These bags can stand on their own, so you don’t have to waste precious freezer space. Moreover, the material is free from lead, PVC, chloride, and BPA. You don’t have to worry about chemicals making their way into your food. These food storage bags are leak-proof and can replace up to 300 single-use plastic bags. You’re not only keeping your food fresh, but you’re also saving the Earth.
- Leak-proof and temperature resistant
- Easy to store in your cabinet, cupboard, freezer, or refrigerator
The Souper Cubes 1-Cup Extra-Large Silicone Freezing Tray with Lid gives you eight slots for freezing a cup of soup. This storage container is perfect for getting the perfect portion each time. You can freeze bone broth and even other liquids you need for your meal preparation.
Each slot has four fill lines at 1/2 cup (4 ounces), one cup (8 ounces), 250 milliliters (8.5 ounces), and 125 milliliters (4.2 ounces). This tray is also oven-safe; you can heat it up to 415 degrees Fahrenheit (212.8 degrees Celsius).
The lid is tight and you can see through it, so you don’t have to open it to check what’s inside. This product is dishwasher safe and BPA-free.
- Great for storing soup in the right portions.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Easy to clean and use.
If you already have your favorite bowls and storage containers, you can fit them with the Modfamily Silicone Stretch Lids to keep food fresh longer.
These stretchable lids are made with food-grade silicone and are lead-, BPA-, and phthalate-free. You get a set of seven lids that you can use on bowls, cups, and other containers. You can even use these lids on cut fruits, such as watermelons and pineapples.
You no longer have to use aluminum foil, cling wraps, or zipper bags, all of which are very wasteful and will not keep your food fresh. These stretchable lids are safe to put inside the freezer or your dishwasher. They’re clear, too, so you can see what’s inside.
The seven sizes are:
|Lid Diameter (in inches)||Stretches to (in inches)|
- Can replace lost lids
- Airtight fit.
- Best replacement for single-use products.
As you can see, there are several products vying for the title of best silicone food storage containers. Choose one that best fits your needs. If you’re looking for something to use for your meal preparations or as a safe food storage solution, get the silicone containers.
But if you’re looking for something portable and you can easily take with you, then you can’t go wrong with the silicone storage bags we’ve picked out for you.