It seems that every kitchen right now has at least one piece of silicone cookware, food storage container, or equipment. If you haven’t caught on to the silicone wave, maybe it’s time to get the best silicone food storage containers out there.
If you’re in a hurry, here are the products that you should try:
- Annaklin Collapsible Food Storage Containers
- CARTINTS Silicone Collapsible Food Storage Containers
- Homelux Theory Reusable Silicone Food Storage Bags
- IDEATECH Reusable Storage Bags
- Kitchen + Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers
- Stasher Platinum Silicone Food Grade Reusable Storage Bag
- Vremi Silicone Food Storage Containers with BPA-Free Airtight Plastic Lids
- Zip Top Reusable 100% Silicone Food Storage Bags and Containers
On top of these silicone food containers and bags, we’re also recommending some other storage solutions for you.
How We Chose the Best Silicone Food Containers
The thing with silicone products is that they are collapsible and durable. Food-grade silicone is inherently temperature-resistant and safe to use.
We chose products that are reusable. And the good thing about most silicone food storage containers is that they can be used repeatedly without losing their shape. All you need to do is wash them after every use and keep them dry while in storage. That also means so that you don’t have to spend on single-use products.
They also have to be easily resealable and conveniently opened. Plus, because we know that some of us have limited space in our cupboards, freezer, or refrigerator, they have to be stackable or easily organized.
We also looked into the options that the manufacturer offers. We answer questions like:
- Can you get the size you need for your meal preparations, lunch box, or leftovers?
- Are they leak-proof?
- Can you take them anywhere with you?
- How durable are they?
Collapsible Silicone Food Storage Containers
Kitchen + Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers
The Kitchen + Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers come in three varieties:
- Set of four round containers
- Set of two XL containers
- Set of four rectangular containers
The sets of four have four colors: green, yellow, red, and blue. These containers come in four sizes from 10.5 to 43 ounces (0.3 to 1.3 liters), allowing you to stack a smaller container on top of another.
The set of two XL containers can contain up to 50 and 68 ounces (1.5 to 2.0 liters) of food. They come in orange and violet.
You can use these containers for both wet and dry food, and you can put everything from raw ingredients to leftovers. What’s more, you can rely on the snap-on lids, which will create a vacuum seal to keep your food fresh.
These containers are temperature-resistant and are safe to put in the freezer and in the microwave. They even have an air vent to allow you to reheat cold food safely. They are also leak-proof, so you can get your pre-cooked lunch out of the refrigerator and place it inside your bag
without worrying about sauces getting spilled.
What’s more, each one of these containers is collapsible. When not in use, you can push them down to only a third of their size, allowing you to save storage space.
These containers are also made of non-toxic, food-safe silicone. They are BPA-free, tasteless, and odorless, too.
- Saves space as you can collapse each container by as much as 60 percent
- Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty
- Stackable and leak-proof
- Keeps food fresh with the snap-on lids’ vacuum seal
CARTINTS Silicone Collapsible Food Storage Containers
The CARTINTS Silicone Collapsible Food Storage Containers set gives you silicone containers that are collapsible and stackable. You have a choice of:
- Four round blue containers
- Four round pink containers
- Five round containers in different colors
- Three round containers (available in green and blue)
- Three square blue containers
Depending on the set you choose, you can have different-sized containers with each set. For instance, the set of round blue containers features containers with the following diameters:
- Small: 4.7 inches (11.9 centimeters)
- Medium: 5.5 inches (14 centimeters)
- Large: 6.3 inches (16 centimeters)
- Extra-large: 7.1 inches (18 centimeters)
These containers are very easy to clean, and they have airtight lids that can keep food fresh longer and leak-proof. Plus, you can collapse these containers to a third of their original size and store them when not in use.
- Three-month money-back guarantee
- Microwave and freezer safe
- Airtight and leak-proof
- Some buyers complained that the locks are hard to open
- The containers might collapse on you if you don’t fill them with enough food
Vremi Silicone Food Storage Containers with BPA-Free Airtight Plastic Lids
The Vremi Silicone Food Storage Containers with BPA-Free Airtight Plastic Lids gives you four silicone storage containers that vary in sizes:
- 350 milliliters (11.8 ounces): 5.3 inches by 2.6 inches (13.5 by 6.6 centimeters)
- 500 milliliters (16.9 ounces): 6.3 inches by 2.7 inches (16 by 6.9 centimeters)
- 800 milliliters (27.1): 7.3 inches by 2.8 inches (18.5 by 7.1 centimeters)
- 1,200 milliliters (40.6 ounces): 8.5 inches by 3.0 inches (21.6 by 7.6 centimeters)
All four will collapse to only 1.2 inches (3 centimeters) tall. These stackable storage containers are also very easy to store when not in use. The food-grade silicone used for these containers is BPA-free and easy to clean. The food and its smell won’t stick to the silicone, too.
These containers have a seal cap so you can safely place them in the microwave to heat cold food. Plus, the snap-on lid is easy to put on these dishwasher-safe containers.
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- Portion control with different colored containers.
- More affordable than other products on this list.
- New products have a slight manufacturing smell that you have to get rid of with a vinegar and water solution.
- Some users report that the product can develop mold in the long run.
- Packaging and label state that the product may expose you to lead or leaded compounds.
Annaklin Collapsible Food Storage Containers
The Annaklin Collapsible Food Storage Containers measures 3.58 by 2.2 inches (9.1 by 5.6 centimeters) at the base and 4.25 by 2.87 inches (10.8 by 7.3 centimeters) at the top.
Because of each container’s smaller bottom and larger top, you can easily stack them on top of one another. When folded, these containers are 2.2 inches (5.6 centimeters) thick, but when collapsed, their thickness goes down to 1.2 inches (3 centimeters).
Each container can hold 12.6 ounces (372.6 milliliters) of food. The lids have four snap buckles that work with the vacuum seal strip. This sort of sealing mechanism guarantees that the food won’t leak out of the container.
You can pop these containers into your freezer, microwave, or dishwasher. They won’t get deformed or break. Or you can just put them on your countertops or pantry to store dry food such as powder, flour, sugar, oats, or cereals.
If you’re going on a picnic or need a lunch box for your kids, you can rely on these containers as well.
- Safe to put into microwave, freezers, or dishwashers
- Can be taken anywhere
Best Silicone Food Storage Bags
Stasher Platinum Silicone Food Grade Reusable Storage Bag
The Stasher Platinum Silicone Food Grade Reusable Storage Bag gives you a choice when it comes to food storage bags. You can buy a:
- 0.5 Gallon (64 ounces): 10.25 by 8.25 by 1.5 inches (26 by 21 by 3.8 centimeters)
- Go: 5 by 8.5 by 1.5 inches (12.7 by 21.6 by 3.8 centimeters), 18 ounces (532.3 milliliters)
- Pocket: 3.5 by 4.5 by 1.0 inches (8.9 by 11.4 by 2.5 centimeters), 4 ounces (118.3 milliliters)
- Sandwich: 7.5 by 7.5 by 1.0 inches (19 by 19 by 2.5 centimeters), 28 ounces (828.1 milliliters)
- Snack: 4.5 by 7.5 by 1.0 inches (11.4 by 19 by 2.5 centimeters), 12 ounces (355 milliliters)
- Stand-Up Mega: 9.5 by 8.25 by 4.75 inches (24.1 by 21 by 12.1 centimeters), 104 ounces (3,075.7 milliliters)
- Stand-Up Mid: 7.75 by 7 by 3.0 inches (19.7 by 17.8 by 7.6 centimeters), 56 ounces (1,656 milliliters)
- Stand-Up Mini: 7.5 by 5.75 by 2.5 inches (19 by 14.6 by 6.4 centimeters), 28 ounces (828.1 milliliters)
Aside from the assortment of sizes, you also have a selection of colors from aqua to green, to blue, and even black. These bags are made with platinum silicone that can seal itself: you just pinch the seal close. You no longer have to buy single-use plastic food containers. These storage bags are free from PVC, latex, and BPA, so you can be sure no weird and harmful chemicals get into your food.
What’s more, you can put these bags with your food in the freezer or heat them up in the microwave. You can even just stash it inside your dishwasher to clean it.
- A good alternative for single-use plastic bags.
- Can be put inside the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Might be too small for some bigger foods.
- Some customers complain about these bags not sealing properly or not being durable enough.
- Pricier than most silicone food storage solutions.
Homelux Theory Reusable Silicone Food Storage Bags
The Homelux Theory Reusable Silicone Food Storage Bags comes in sets of different sizes and colors. The available sizes are:
- Extra-large bags: 16 cups (4.0 liters)
- Large bags: Six cups (1.5 liters)
- Medium bags: Four cups (1.0 liter)
- Small bags: Two cups (500 milliliters)
The sets that you can choose from have a combination of these sizes and are available in different colors. You can have a bag for every need, from meal prep to keeping leftovers fresh.
You can put dry or wet food in these bags. They are cold and heat-resistant, leak-proof, and promote zero waste since you don’t have to buy single-use plastics.
- Comes in a variety of sizes and colors
- Covered by a six-month warranty
- Easy to clean
- Can store liquids
- Some complaints about the slider being difficult to move to seal or open the bag
IDEATECH Reusable Storage Bags
The IDEATECH Reusable Storage Bags comes in a set of 18 storage bags with different sizes and colors:
- Four large bags
- Seven sandwich bags
- Seven snack bags
These food storage bags are heat- and cold-resistant and can protect food from freezer burn and food discoloration. Because they’re semi-transparent, you can see what exactly is inside without needing to open the bag.
These bags can stand on their own, so you don’t have to waste precious freezer space. Moreover, the material is free from lead, PVC, chloride, and BPA. You don’t have to worry about chemicals making their way into your food. These food storage bags are leak-proof and can replace up to 300 single-use plastic bags. You’re not only keeping your food fresh, but you’re also saving the Earth.
- Leak-proof and temperature resistant
- Easy to store in your cabinet, cupboard, freezer, or refrigerator
Zip Top Reusable 100% Silicone Food Storage Bags and Containers
The Zip Top Reusable 100% Silicone Food Storage Bags and Containers give you eight silicone bags and containers. You can choose from five different colors, including gray, teal, frost, lavender, and peach. With this set, you get three cup-sized containers, three dishes, and two bags.
- Small dish: 3 by 7 by 4 inches (7.6 by 17.8 by 10.2 centimeters), 16 ounces (473.2 milliliters)
- Medium dish: 3.5 by 8 by 4.5 inches (8.9 by 20.3 by 11.4 centimeters), 24 ounces (709.8 milliliters)
- Large dish: 4 by 9 by 5 inches (10.2 by 22.9 by 12.7 centimeters), 32 ounces (946.4 milliliters)
- Small cup: 2.5 by 5 by 5 inches (6.4 by 12.7 by 12.7 centimeters), 8 ounces (236.6 milliliters)
- Medium cup: 3 by 5.5 by 6 inches (7.6 by 14 by 15.2 centimeters), 16 ounces (473.2 milliliters)
- Large cup: 3.5 by 6 by 7 inches (8.9 by 15.2 by 17.8 centimeters), 24 ounces (709.8 milliliters)
- Sandwich bag: 7 by 7.5 by 1.5 inches (17.8 by 19.1 by 3.8 centimeters), 24 ounces (709.8 milliliters)
- Snack bag: 6 by 3 by 1 inches (15.2 by 7.6 by 2.5 centimeters), 4 ounces (118.3 millimeters).
These bags and containers have a single-piece construction, so you don’t have to worry about glued parts or plastic sliders coming apart. That’s why these containers are bags are very durable. You don’t have to worry about lids at all. The top of these containers can stay open, making it easier for you to put in the food you want to store. To close, you only need to squeeze the tops together.
- Safe to put inside your dishwasher, microwave, and freezer.
- Easy to clean.
- Some buyers complain about these containers not being airtight as applying even a bit of pressure can pop them open.
- Can take up a bit more space.
Souper Cubes 1-Cup Extra-Large Silicone Freezing Tray with Lid
The Souper Cubes 1-Cup Extra-Large Silicone Freezing Tray with Lid gives you eight slots for freezing a cup of soup. This storage container is perfect for getting the perfect portion each time. You can freeze bone broth and even other liquids you need for your meal preparation.
Each slot has four fill lines at 1/2 cup (4 ounces), one cup (8 ounces), 250 milliliters (8.5 ounces), and 125 milliliters (4.2 ounces). This tray is also oven-safe; you can heat it up to 415 degrees Fahrenheit (212.8 degrees Celsius).
The lid is tight and you can see through it, so you don’t have to open it to check what’s inside. This product is dishwasher safe and BPA-free.
- Great for storing soup in the right portions.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Easy to clean and use.
Stojo On The Go Coffee Cup
Single-use plastics are not the only things that are wasteful. So are disposable coffee cups. If you’re feeling guilty about that, you can buy the Stojo On The Go Coffee Cup. This collapsible coffee cup can keep your coffee hot much longer. And you can get an eight-, 12-, 16-, or 24-ounce (227-, 341-, 455-, or 682-milliliter) cup so you can get a proper coffee fix every time.
This cup comes in a variety of colors, from cashmere to steel blue. In fact, you have 19 different color variations to choose from! When not in use, you can collapse this coffee cup to only two inches (5 centimeters) tall. This makes it easier to stow away in your bag, backpack, or pocket.
What’s more, you can use this collapsible cup with other drinks, including cold ones.
- No BPA, lead, glue, or phthalates.
- Can contain hot or cold drinks.
- Travel cup design makes it easy for you to sip while on the go.
- Microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
HUNU Leakproof Pocket Cup Collapsible Coffee Cup
The HUNU Leakproof Pocket Cup Collapsible Coffee Cup allows you to take your coffee on the go. With a sage green color, this collapsible cup can hold up to 8.95 ounces (254.3 milliliters) of your favorite drink. When folded down, this collapsible cup is only 0.75-inch (2.0-centimeter) tall. It’s leak-proof and very portable.
This cup comes with a heat band that can protect you from burning yourself when holding hot drinks. What’s more, it’s really easy to clean.
- Portable, leak-proof, and a breeze to clean.
- Fits in your pocket.
Modfamily Silicone Stretch Lids
If you already have your favorite bowls and storage containers, you can fit them with the Modfamily Silicone Stretch Lids to keep food fresh longer.
These stretchable lids are made with food-grade silicone and are lead-, BPA-, and phthalate-free. You get a set of seven lids that you can use on bowls, cups, and other containers. You can even use these lids on cut fruits, such as watermelons and pineapples.
You no longer have to use aluminum foil, cling wraps, or zipper bags, all of which are very wasteful and will not keep your food fresh. These stretchable lids are safe to put inside the freezer or your dishwasher. They’re clear, too, so you can see what’s inside.
The seven sizes are:
|Lid Diameter (in inches)||Stretches to (in inches)|
- Can replace lost lids
- Airtight fit.
- Best replacement for single-use products.
Answer: Food-grade silicone is safe. As this Forbes article enumerates, it is made with silica or sand. The polymer that is used in making silicone food containers is not toxic. It doesn’t leach chemicals into your food. What’s more, it’s hypoallergenic, and it can resist stain and odors. Silicone is also known for being a breeze to clean because of its smooth surface. You don’t have to worry about it breaking as it has the properties of rubber when it comes to elasticity and flexibility.
Answer: We’ve been using single-use plastics for so long, but why are we turning our backs on them now? For the most part, single-use plastics are thrown in landfills or are burned, which can contribute to the greenhouse emissions that are slowly destroying our atmosphere. These disposable materials are not biodegradable. Instead, they just break down into very tiny particles, and that can mess up the environment.
These small particles can pollute water sources and even get into the food we eat. What’s more, only nine percent of plastic wastes get recycled.
Answer: You can recycle silicone. You should get in touch with a local recycling center to see how to do it. Some manufacturers, such as Stasher, have a repurpose program, where silicone food storage containers are repurposed and given new life as other objects. All you need is to send them damaged products back.
As you can see, there are several products vying for the title of best silicone food storage containers. Choose one that best fits your needs. If you’re looking for something to use for your meal preparations or as a safe food storage solution, get the silicone containers.
But if you’re looking for something portable and you can easily take with you, then you can’t go wrong with the silicone storage bags we’ve picked out for you.